Right of First Refusal Manitoba

The Right of First Refusal or “Assuring Priority of Parental Care” is optional protection that divorcing or separating parents may include in their support agreement. The court may include it if the clause is in the best interest of the child/ren. The clause requires that whenever the custodial parent is unable to provide care to … Read more

Manitoba Child Support Laws

Below is everything you need to know about child support laws in Manitoba. Quick take. How does upkeep work in Manitoba? Child support payments end when the child turns 19 in Manitoba. Support may continue past 19 if the parental agreement requires it or the child has special needs. You may use Federal Child Support … Read more

British Columbia Child Support Laws

Quick take on British Columbia Child Support Laws: How does upkeep work in BC? Parents must provide upkeep until the child turns 19 in British Colombia. Failure to provide upkeep will result in the penalties listed below. Provincial laws require the court to use federal tables to estimate upkeep. The court may deviate from the … Read more

Canada Child Support Laws

Under Canada’s Federal Divorce Act, child support is a right, meaning the parents must provide food, shelter, education, clothes, and healthcare until the child turns 18. Under federal law, the divorce act is applicable if both parents are, quote “habitually residents in the same province at the time of the divorce.”  Provincial and territorial laws … Read more

Canada Slip and Fall Laws

Under federal and provincial law, Canadian citizens who suffer a slip, trip, or fall-related injury are entitled to compensation if the accident was a consequence of the occupier or owner’s actions, inactions, or negligence. In public spaces, the Crown Liability and Proceedings Act allows victims to sue the government agency. You may sue the occupier … Read more

Saskatchewan Slip and Fall Laws

Saskatchewan slip and fall laws explained: What happens if someone gets injured on public or private property in Canada? If the claimant can prove negligence on the part of the occupier, property owner, or government institution after a slip and fall accident, they may take civil action to recover damages including, pain and suffering, hospital … Read more

Québec Slip and Fall Laws

Québec slip and fall laws: What happens if someone suffers injury on your property? Under section 1457 of Québec’s Civil act, all persons in the province have a legal obligation not to cause physical injury to another. Failure to practice that duty of care may result in civil and criminal charges. Property owners and employers … Read more

Newfoundland Slip and Fall Laws

What to do if someone gets injured on your property Under provincial laws, property owners and occupiers in Newfoundland and Labrador have a legal obligation to ensure that their property is reasonably safe for visitors. Unlike other provinces, Newfoundland and Labrador do not have an Occupier Liability act. Instead, the courts rely on the province’s … Read more

PEI Slip and Fall Laws

What to do if a customer gets injured on your property If the victim of a slip and fall accident on Prince Edward Island can prove occupier or owner negligence, the owner is liable to pay. The owner may also face criminal negligence charges if the victim suffers serious injury or death. After a slip … Read more

Manitoba Slip and Fall Laws

What to do if a customer gets injured on your property Under Manitoba’s liability act, if someone gets injured because of the negligent actions or failure of an occupier or employee, that individual may have grounds to sue for damages, including pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. The question is, what should the … Read more